Sunday, December 13, 2009

Happy Birthday to me!

okay, well yesterday, technically.  Also I found out Jennifer Connelly shares my birthday which is neat because I lovelovelove her.

So my birthday party was so fun.  It was a fancy black/white dress up party and Jan was cute to offer her house so Sarah hosted.  We had fun little snacks (hors d'eourves? what?) thanks to my dear mommy, the patron saint of motherhood, and streamers and played and sang and danced to Lady Gaga and Bonnie Tyler.  Jan made delicious punch and Rachel made a glorious wonderfully beautiful cake (pictures later maybe?).

I got lots of nice things which was nice of my friends.  Not very many people dressed up and some didn't even show, so I was kind of worried about everything working out at first.  But then, everyone who I loved was there and it was fun and I just decided to forget about it all.  Doing so worked out perfectly, as the evening was perfect and I wouldn't have changed a thing.

Oh also I went sledding and wore myself out somethin' fierce.

Tomorrow is my family birthday party.  Does it count if I make different wishes for the different cakes?  Oh well, I'm doing it anyway.  I am very excited to see all of my cute family, I have missed them.  I want to hold Hollie all day.

In closing, a rather pretty thought from the wonderfully perfect gift that BFF Spag picked out:

"And crawling, on the planet's face, some insects, called the human race. Lost in time, and lost in space... and meaning."
(The Criminologist, Rocky Horror Picture Show)

sleep, that winged beast, beckons.

1 comment:

Meg said...

Happy Birthday! (Even though this is kind of late) It sounds like you had a great one.