Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas, old boy

I feel as though the holidays definitely snuck up on me this year.  I mean, Christmas is almost over and I still feel as though it isn't here yet.  Odd.
Anywho, it was a swell Christmas.  Can I just say how much I love my family?  All of them.  I mean, of course you're going to be bothered by your family once in a very long while (ha) but I really am so lucky to have such a splendid bunch of relatives, immediate and otherwise.  They are all so loving and hilarious and fun to be with.  And of course I have the cutest nieces and nephews in existence.

As far as gifts, I recieved a modest truckload of clothes, accessories, and entertainment sources.  All quite enjoyable and lovely, though not to be outdone by a tiny ceramic frog (Derek) and a pair of painted metal horse figurines to decorate the dorm room (Mom).  I made Mom cry with my very touching gift- a lanyard/keychain accompanied by a great Billy Collins peom.  More on that later.

So then we upheld our new (since last year) tradition of going to a movie on Christmas day.  This year?  Why, Sherlock Holmes of course.  To sum up the entire experience I am just going to restate what I told Sarah: 

"Just wear a hat when you go see Sherlock Holmes, so that the bits of your blown mind don't get all over everyone around you."


win/win/win/fin

p.s. is it conceited to put quotes around something that I said?

1 comment:

Me, Myself and I said...

May I put emphasis on "cutest nieces EVER". For sure.