Monday, November 23, 2009

Chaos, cycles

I've done this in the past. but sometimes when I meet new groups of friends I get this weird empty ache in the middle of me.  Seeing certain people interacting with such love, happiness, everything that seems desirable within friendships, sometimes makes me wish I could somehow sneak into the past and add myself into that lengthy friendship.  I don't know if that makes sense.  I don't want to abandon the friendships I have, not ever in a hundred million years.  But maybe, if I could, I'd somehow make it possible for me to experience them all, but then that might just be overwhelming.

I don't know.  Sometimes I feel like I'm just a hollow shell of a wasted person because there is so much more feeling that I could be experiencing, that I'm currently not.  Or maybe my desire to feel such is adequately filling what I consider to be voids.  Does everyone feel like this?  Do normal people have these reactions to positive things like meeting new people?  What even is a normal person?  Sometimes my brain wraps itself into so many tiny, intertwining circles and twists and follows these contrived cycles that I don't even know whats going on inside or outside of me anymore. 
Maybe I've imagined it all.

1 comment:

Me, Myself and I said...

I feel like that a lot. And from meeting lots of new groups of friends, I've found the feelings of inadequacy ARE the norm, people are just really good at hiding them.