Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I'm kinda sad.

Last night I stayed up late for no good reason, except I was kinda waiting for Kandice to get home from babysitting.  But mostly I was just wasting time.  Anyway, so at about 12:28, Sydney starts wailing at me via Facebook, asking if I was just barely outside and saw the giant fireball that streaked across the sky.  Naturally, I was inside because Logan weather is currently freezing and I live on the fourth floor.

Turns out, about seven minutes into today, this giant oven-sized bit of meteorite left over from the Leonids comet decided to plumet in the direction of our dear protective atmosphere.  In the process, it was burnin' up more than the Jonas Brothers and happened to light up the whole sky green and blue and made Sydney curse and almost crash into a ditch.  People flooded dispatch and news stations with calls that we were being bombed and whatnot, but turns out it was just a fantastical astronomical wonder!

And can I just say how extremely jealous I am that I missed it?!  I can't believe it!  I need to build a time machine and go back to last night and sit outside waiting for it.  I would do some pretty unforgivable things to be able to witness it in real life.  Videos are neat and all, but gosh I just wish I was outside at 12:07 last night.  Poo.

2 comments:

Me, Myself and I said...

Paul saw it. I was zzzzz'ing.

noelle said...

I am working on a time machine so I can go back and watch it.